Friday, February 18, 2011

Flip-Reverse it, Melt-Upgrade It

Quick post before going to work.

Lately I've been changing small things in my life,and they seem to be working out.
Eating better, spending some time on me, and on relaxing.
I've just come from the longest,hardest shift in my life, and I was completely fucked when I started it. But for once, I came out of it smiling. And it was because of me.
I've had problems with ups and downs before, but I really feel like I am gaining control of myself now.
I am not overly confident. Not joining every single project there is,or being the leader in everything. I am, for the first time in my life, saying:
Alright, it's your time now. Make it worth while.
I am leaving one of my jobs, there is no need for that much pressure in my life. And I am already working on stuff for uni, so it's not a massive headache in the end. I am making time to go out and relax, dancing perhaps. And to just stay at home watching gene kelly's awesome dance moves or just the newest episode of How I met ya mum.
I need that. I came here to work in film. Not to be a full time waitress, or front of house member. I need to work ,of course, but thats it. With limits, not working myself senseless. I dont have to right now.
So point is I'm now trying to find balance. It's not an immediate thing. "Immediate" things get you a trip to the doctor two weeks later. But its working towards it. Or relaxing towards it.
So I'm off to work, and tomorrow is my first saturday morning off since I can remember. Fuck Yeah.

Smell ye later

No comments:

Post a Comment