Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Toasties with ketchup and long talks about nothing

I've realized I can and will be myself without any man. I don't need one.
I know I'm saying this like the female lead in a romance that finds love in the end. I know that. But real life is longer than 120 minutes... and that's alright. Time helps everything. And time takes time.
Meanwhile I still stick to the small memories, like singing rocky horror in the car, or the way he danced when I flipped it to dead kennedys... When he sang to my ears(slightly tipsy) and did it without carrying a single tune... Or the way my head fit so perfectly in his chest, and that I always felt safe in his arms... The fact that he knew me, and loved me for me, without ever having to change... or how we never ran out of things to talk about...

Problem with me is... I want the world.And anyone who knows me well knows Ill get it, in time, if I set my mind to it. Yet now I know that doesn't apply to at least one thing.
Other side of the coin I guess. But I'll keep on being the best I can to reach where I want to be.
Not interested in men at the moment... being with someone so shortly after I left served a lesson: I'm not ready. Won't be for a while too.Unless...but that won't happen.





And meanwhile I'll smile when I picture his face, and keep walking down the street towards my destiny. Maybe he'll be in it, maybe not. But I walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment