Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today's expression: "Baby looks like you could use a stiff one!" *wink*

Hairspray. Anything that gives you John Travolta playing an obese woman married to Christopher Walken exhales awesomeness. Good cast, good songs, great costume design (I'm a chick, alright?!) and overall very very good.
I saw it in the theaters when it came out, but decided to watch it again today. The soundtrack's in my mp3 player and well, I just wanted to see it, ok?
I didn't know the story when I first saw it, and I didn't know it was a racial integration movie. Which was, I must say, a pretty pleaseant surprise. Motormouth Maybelle's song "I know where I've been" really brings a different light to the movie. Great performance by Q.Latifah.
And yes, Travolta is perfect as Mrs. Turnblad, in some points in the movie we actually forget it's freaking Vincent Vega underneath that fat suit. And his duet with Walken is the cutess cuddliest thing ever. And hilarious at the same time, if you focus that it's two of the most badass actors of all time acting out a fat middle aged woman and an old dude who owns a joke shop waltzing to a cheesy song. Priceless. I just love this movie.
Despite the ending of the Hairspray song, with the blatantly sexual sentence you read in the title.Yes we get it, he's talking about the hair, haha. Still astounded that they didn't edit that out.

You're thinking now: "What about Funny Games US?"
Oh yeah that.
I just got the chance to watch now, so I will do so in a couple of minutes.
And Yes, I know its midnight. And that that movie is pretty hardcore to watch before you sleep.
SOOOOO, my brother got me another one I had on the waiting list : "The Princess and the Frog".

I an a Disney addict, no matter what you arseholes think or say or do. Yes I know that the guy was a nazi bastard who probably did a lot of ugly shit in his lifetime, but fuck you, I like his creativity, not his politic/religious/bullshitic beliefs. Good, we have that settled.
And yes, probably druged up all the time. It's like the other guy says "Elvis didn't do no drugs!."
So fuck you, you twat, Walt's awesome.

So the movie's set in the 20's, which by itself would probably make me watch it. And the soundtrack is also awesome.
And yes, the guys were probably pushed by the negro society of america into doing a movie like that, because all the other princesses are either white brunette hearwarming women, blonde damsel in distress clichés, or asian/indian strong women. Were's the black chick? Probably cleaning the floors at the studios or in the back of the oven with all the jews. (Just joking, don't kill me).
I too thought that not having a chocolate princess was a bunch of big ass bullshit, and the fact that the movie was out that past year is outrageous. And the worst thing is that interracial love thing. So a white guy wants some chocolaty goodness? Big woop, wanna fight about it?
I mean, its the XXI century for crying out loud!.. And then they'll have those "latte" babies, which are the cutest thing ever.
I'm just saying , why all the fuss? Let everyone mak their own choices, and learn to accept them as they are. Even the jews.
I'm joking but I'm, like most portuguese people, of jewish ancestry, or I wouldn't have the name "Costa", and my mom "Pereira". During WW2, a lot, and I mean A LOT of jewish people came here to Portugal. Which is not that good, because we were also in a dictatorship, just not as much religious/racial prejudice.

Moving on.
Tomorrow I'll post about both of the movies in the morning.
"Morning Allie? Don't you usually sleep at that time?"
Yes, I do. But tomorrow at 3 :30 I'm going to watch ...
Drumroll please.



The Road.
"That sheer awesome movie based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy?"
You bet your hairy ass. It's one of my favorite movies and it's in a small theatre in the city library.
And I'm going to write about that too.
Writing about 3 movies would mush my brains like a pink blender (why pink?Because I said so hotshot). So I'm splitting it.
See you tomorrow.

Movies to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment