Monday, January 3, 2011

Alright new year, back to the blog.
Can't believe I havent written shit since moving to London...
Well life's been fucking fast and hard, I am tired and ridiculously down, but I am fucking strong. Had to fucking be.
However, I am doing great here, it is without a doubt my home.
Song of the past year:

...can't slow down can't hold back though you know I wish I could...

It is amazing how after you start studying film, a great percentage of what you watched seems like blasphemy. The other day i watched the rather horrifying Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam.
I really think, by looking at the coreography, that Astaire must be revolving in his grave. Speaking as someone who developed a recent addicton to Singin In The Rain (the best antidepressant known to man), I do think that little to none of the new film musicals even slightly compare to the golden age goodies. I think some hit a right note , like Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge ... but overall, a lot has gone missing.
Anyway, other than that,small things like continuity mistakes or just plain terrible shots become so much more noticeable. And that eventually turns into a really fun viewing of for example , Tarantino's Death Proof , specially if you'resurrouded by fellow film students.
At the same time, it is very easy to recognise how good or how innovative a film really is.
Which brings me to....


yes, he is singing. I know it's strange, but it's Bollywood strange :D

Great directing, great referencing, great fun. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World might very well be one of the best comic-to-film adaptations ever made.
I went to see this film at the Ritzy in Brixton last week, they had a Q&A session with the director, Edgar Wright, afterwards. Very interesting, and he seems like a nice bloke. The Dvd was just out, and they showed some extra features on how the fight sequences were shot. Absolutely brilliant. I can hardly imagine the amout of effort put into this film. Seemed like good fun all the way though.
Another great film this year is The social Network, but on that,I will write later.
Still to watch : The King's Speech and Black Swan.
Will post later.
Meanwhile late christmas present:

...could have been written about me. Love this song. Love this Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment